Planet Night Light for kids – DIY led night light 3d printed project
Space themed night lights is our wheelhouse. So we designed one more – Planet Night Light plug in. This gadget is simple as hell. We don’t need to have LEDs, don’t need to cut foil… We just need LED Light Bulb Converter Socket Holder and LED lamp for 3W. The rest you can easily print on your 3D printer. Also you need 3 grommets d=2.5mm. After that you can have unique led night lights of any color you like.
Thats all you need to get the DIY led night light
- What we need to make your own DIY night light
- Print Top and Bottom parts of Space Night light for kids
- Print Back cover of planet Night light for kids
- Print the rings of Saturn for Space Night Light for kids
- Assembling the Space Night Light DIY
- Mount the Night light into the socket
- Enjoy the Night Light Planet with your kids
1. What we need to make your own DIY night light?
• 3 grommets d=2.5mm L=10mm
• LED Light Bulb Converter Socket Holder
• LED lamp (E27) for 3W. Please don’t use 6W – it heats too much
• Filament (we use yellow+red and maybe blue), you can make your Night Light any color you like
Lets get started!
2. Print Top and Bottom parts of Space Night light for kids
You can print Top part of a planet – without supports. Bottom part – needs supports while printing. Then you can easily remove it. We made the body of Night light yellow color and Saturn ring Red. You can use any combinations of colors.
3. Print Back cover of planet Night light for kids
We printed this cover from blue filament. Initial idea was to have warm color on front and cold color on background. But we think it doesn’t work like that in real world. Blue lighting almost not visible. So you can print back cover of planet night light with the same color as main body.
4. Print the rings of Saturn for Space Night Light for kids
Printing of Rings is quite easy. It doesn’t require supports and it thin enough. Place it with rounded edges to the up. Chose any color you like.
5. Assembling the Space Night Light DIY
After you print all parts of your night lamp you can assemble it.
First, insert the back cover into the back part of planet. Press it until it snaps into place.
Screw a light bulb into the socket. Then put adapter with LED lamp into upper part of Planet night light. Cover it all with back part (screws must be inserted in advance).
Tighten the screws with a screwdriver.
6. Mount the Night light into the socket
We almost finished. It:s time to mount ready device into the socket. We use US adapter it works well. If you wanna use EU socket adapter it could be some difficulties. The reason is EU socket has a depths. And adapter will not fits.
7. Enjoy the Night Light Planet with your kids
If you like this project – you can follow our Youtube channel to see all DIY videos. You can follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.
Hang on, a lot more coming!